"When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself." -Jacques Cousteau

Monday, July 11, 2005

Another One Bites the Dust…

Well, another weekend has come and gone. We are now 17 days away from the closing of the house, which is very exciting. Pretty soon, it will be under 2 weeks!

This weekend was a relatively calm one for the two of us. Lately, we’ve been going pretty non-stop, so when we found ourselves on Sunday with a short to-do list, we were happy to just relax.

Friday night, we hit the greens and went out for my second round of golf ever. I did marginally better than last time but Steve was on fire. He made par on 3 of the 9 holes and made what he called his best putt ever. We didn’t go golfing the rest of the weekend because it was too hot, but I’m sure we’ll be out again this weekend. Golf is pretty much the only sport I currently dig.

Saturday, we went to our WW meeting with Randy and Kenji. Randy, by the way, lost 9.8 pounds this week, bringing him to 74 total. The man is on fire! Afterward, Steve and I were going to meet a painter at the house to give us a bid on painting the formal living room, but his car ‘overheated’ and he couldn’t come. Don’t know if that’s the truth, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. We went by the house anyway and no work had been done since the workweek. In fact, nothing got done on the house at all this weekend, which was disappointing. We’ve been spoiled by so much action recently that no action is a major bummer.

Saturday night, we went to go see Batman Begins with Randy at quite possibly one of the scariest movie theatres I've ever patronized. When we pulled in at 7 p.m. to see the movie, the place was already teeming with tons of cops to patrol the crowds. When we left, it was a zoo of underage kids, scary adults and even more cops. Regardless, the movie was excellent and really entertaining. Christian Bale wasn't too shabby looking either. (Steve is still teasing me because at one point in the movie, Christian walks into a room in a 3 piece suit and I literally gasped beacuse he looked so handsome! hahaha) I give it two thumbs up!

Sunday was a bit more of a lazy day…slept in late, went to the pool for a couple hours (with our spf 36 sunblock, of course), went to the house, went grocery shopping and ate BBQ. This was our first taste testing of local BBQ joints for potential wedding caterers. While we found Dickey’s BBQ to be on the whole a pleasant dining experience, the beans and chicken were lacking. We’ll continue our search for Denver’s best BBQ to serve to our wedding guests!

Oh, we also bought a rocking chair loveseat for our front porch on Sunday. I think it’s freaking adorable and love it! Thanks to Steve for indulging my love of front porches and rocking chairs. Here’s the loveseat: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3342165&cat=163953&type=1&dept=5428&path=0%3A5428%3A91416%3A163953

Well, lunch break is over, work calls and I must answer. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Love, Hannah

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Blog, Nanner...........Guess Who????

1:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Blog. Did you know that you can just choose text and make it a link instead of pasting the nasty looking 4 line long looking thing from wal-mart? Steve probably knows how if you want to know how. If not, I can show him but I'm sure he knows and maybe you don't care so why am I even bringing it up? Never mind, I'll just go back to my nerdicle.

2:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home