Grandpa Ben
As some of you know, Ben has been having a few health problems lately. He had a benign tumor that was bothering him, so we had it removed. Now the doctor suspects he has what is called Diabetes Insipidus. Basically, his body is unable to absord water and so his thirst is never quenched. Therefore, he drinks and drinks and drinks. And then pees, and pees and pees.
We're getting ready to go on a 12 hour car ride to Missouri and then I'm crashing with my extremely hospitable friends Brian and January and living in their basement (Steve will fly back out to Denver to finish up some work training). So, we (I, really, Steve takes no ownership of this decision) decided Ben needed diapers for the car ride and to help protect Brian and Jan's carpet while I'm at work.
I bought doggie diapers. Doggie diaper manufactuers seem to not understand the anatomy of a dog as none of the diapers covered up his Mr. Winkie. So, then I resorted to buying him Depends. As I checked out in Target, I felt the need to tell the cashier "oh, no these aren't for me, they're for my dog." But I resisted as I suspected that would make me far more consipicous than just paying for the diapers and moving on.
I had to cut a whole for his tail, but I think it appears to be a better fit.
Being a jealous dog, Frank appears to want a diaper now. And Dulciecat just appears to be silently mocking them both.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home