Wah wah.
So, yesterday we were super excited about our new house in Columbia.
Today, we are not.
The inspection was today and it was found that there were major foundation issues. Bascially, the back half of the house was falling down. The inspector just ballparked estimated that it would be $5,000-$20,000 to repair. Steve and I don't want to deal with major structural issues like that and feel like it would only be opening a Pandora's box of problems. So, we released our offer.
We are bummed (mostly about not having that awesome backyard!) but we know that everything happens for a reason. We are supposed to be in a different house at a different time and we both accept that.
For now, we'll live with our pals Brian and January and keep up the house search.
Que sera, sera!
Love,
Hannah
2 Comments:
So SORRY!!! You'll find an even better house. Keep your heads up! Happy hunting!
8:55 AM
I didn't know you were moving! How exciting! Sorry about the house - but I know you will find a great one!
Best wishes!
5:22 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home