"When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself." -Jacques Cousteau

Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving and a Trip Home

Well, my journey around the world (well, to Missouri at least) has come to an end. I had a great trip and the pictures below will detail the fun that was had!

First things first, the Saturday before I left, we bought a new car. My Toyota Matrix didn't cut it in the Colorado winter weather. We traded it in for a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon. It's an all-wheel drive car and fast as all get-out. It's a manual so I have to learn how to drive it (Leah and I never got to that part of the driving manual...or parallel parking, which would explain the parking ticket I got downtown for parking too far from the curb a couple weeks ago). Anyhoo, it's a neat car and we're satisfied with our purchase.

After this purchase, Steve drove me to the airport and I flew into St. Louis around 10:30 p.m. Sunday, we took it easy, went shopping and I met up with Lucy, Caroline, Cayce, Katie, Aili and families, which was great. I met assorted babies (Allison, Cayce's baby, and Mara and Joe, Aili's kiddos). It's always great to come home and see friends.

Monday night it was up to Quincy to meet Mr. Charlie and see Sally and Jason's new house. The house is beautiful and amongst amazing houses. They are just phenomenal! We gushed over Charlie, played a lot and ate lunch at a Chinese buffet (you know it's a classy buffet when the dessert bar is comprised of sliced up ding-dongs and ho-hos). That night, I had dinner with Lucy, Leah, Caroline and Ronna--another good time!!

Tuesday, we bought artificial flowers for the wedding bouquets and did some fun shopping! Wednesday, we made pies, worked on wedding flower arrangements and Leah, Sally, Jason and Charlie all came home.

Thanksgiving day was great---wonderful food prepared by Dad and family togetherness. Uncle Doug came to join in the festivities. I tried a sweet potato (good) and squash (not my style) and played more and more with Charlie.

Friday, we woke up in the wee hours of the morning to go shopping on Black Friday. Lots of gifts were bought, fun was had and then it was off to the airport for the flight home.

All the while, Steve was at home keeping down the fort, driving the new car and tending to the cat, who was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder from my absence.

I'm glad we didn't drive as I-70 has been closed for the last two days because of blizzard conditions and strong winds. I'm grateful we didn't have to suffer through that!

We're putting up Christmas decorations and getting in the holiday cheer! I sprained and strained a ligament and joint in my lower back, so am in a lot of pain right now. Hopefully some meds, rest and physical therapy will get me back into my peak physical condition (hah!).

Enjoy the pictures...I have about 80 more pictures of Charlie! :)

Hope everyone is well!

Love, Hannah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home