Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!
Another weekend has come and gone…sigh.
The winter months are bearing down upon us as we can expect a snowfall tonight. We should only get 1-2 inches, but the mountains will have about 30 inches of new snow by the time the storm is done. This is naturally putting me into a premature Christmas mode and I’m chomping at the bit to put up Christmas decorations when I return from Thanksgiving vacation.
We had a quiet, happy weekend. On Friday night, we ate at Del Taco in our new shopping center and then braved the rain to go shopping. We browsed through several stores and bought some wedding stuff and goodies for family members. At Pier 1, we found a tray to hold our wedding rings. Thanks to the gift certificate from Shalyn for my birthday, it was free to us! We don’t want to use a ring pillow, so this tray is a nice alternative.
Saturday we got up and went to WW, where I lost 1.4 and Steve lost .8. We both ate really well this week and it showed. We just need to keep it up! Ironically, we then went to a bakery to test cakes for the wedding. Nothing like weighing in and then eating cake (of course, I guess that beats the alternate sequence of eating and then weighing). I only sampled one bit of cake but Steve was the taste-tester extraordinaire! He sampled about 8 different flavors and decided that the best was the Texas Pecan Cake with a Pecan filling. We are going to try one more baker, but if we go with these folks, we’ll have a layer of Texas Pecan, a layer of Chocolate cake with vanilla icing and a layer of Vanilla cake with chocolate icing. Hopefully that will please the masses!
Sunday was a ‘taking care of business’ sorta day. We went for a walk around the construction in our subdivision. They have huge earth movers clearing land and digging holes. Then, Steve did laundry, I cleaned house and went grocery shopping. I made chili and cornbread for dinner, which was pretty darn good.
This Saturday night, I head to St. Louis to spend a week with my family and friends there. I am extremely excited!!!! Steve will stay here in Denver and have Thanksgiving by himself. He’s already planning his pie consumption for the holiday. He might try to cook a turkey, but also might end up eating a Weight Watchers Turkey and Mashed Potato meal, followed by a couple pies. A good balance.
Life here is good—quiet, peaceful and good. A person can’t ask for much more than that.
10-4, over and out.
Love, Hannah
1 Comments:
hey dudes, keep doin well, love lee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home