"When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself." -Jacques Cousteau

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Happy Anni-Birthday!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!
Today marks the 2 year anniversary of our first date. We met for drinks on Sunday, November 2, 2003 at the Fox & Hound in Kansas City and the rest is history. It's been two wonderful years and I look forward to a lifetime more. It's less than 9 months now until we're married--a bona-fide legal couple. I can hardly wait. Thanks, Steve, for two of the best years of my life.

As an anniversary present, Steve surprised me over dinner last night with a couples massage this weekend and at day spa. This will be his first massage and only my second and I'm looking very, or as my dad would say damn, forward to it!

And, some HAPPY BIRTHDAYS are in order today---
Happy Birthday to Craig!!!! In addition to celebrating his retirement, Steve's dad celebrates his birthday today! Yay!

Happy Birthday to Saiko and Baby Lynn!!!!! This mother and daughter dynamic duo celebrated birthdays yesterday and today. Baby Lynn is now officially 1 year old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Steve surprised me with one more 'gift' yesterday. We screwed up on our travel plans for Thanksgiving and didn't book our frequent flyer mile trip soon enough. We couldn't get a free flight to St. Louis on Wednesday (Steve's still in debt on leave time due to the week of deck building and can't take any time off), and couldn't afford the $1,000 to buy tickets. So, the plan was to leave Wednesday afternoon and make the 14-hour drive home, stopping in Clinton for the night on the way. We would have arrived in St.L. on Thursday afternoon and then had to leave either late Saturday night or early Sunday. It was going to be a hectic trip and neither of us were looking forward to the drive. Last year, on the way back to Denver, we got stuck in a white-out in eastern Colorado. It took 3 hours to make a 1 hour trip and was very slick and very scary.

Anyhoo, last night Steve told me he wanted me to go to St. Louis on my own for Turkey Day so I could leave early (I have plenty of time off) and spend quality time with family, friends and my nephew Charlie, whom I have not yet met and plan on spending massive amounts of time playing with (until he poops and pees himself--then he goes back to his mommy). While I'll miss spending the holiday with Steve, I'm so glad to have more time with the folks back home. I booked my flight for Saturday the 19th and will come back Friday the 25th. Steve plans on hanging out with friends here in Denver and is already cooking up plans, such as building a cat tower for Dulcie from scraps of wood and carpet. I'm sure Steve and Dulcie will have a wonderful Thanksgiving together. :)

Well, that's what's shaking in these parts. I hope everyone is ducky!

Much Love,
Hannah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home