Random Happenings...
Hello all!!
Another post to the blog--I'm on fire, here!
Today is Sally and Jason's 3rd wedding anniversary! Congrats, guys! I started my getting healthy/weight loss program right after their wedding (and after the 83 mini crab cakes and 2 bottles of wine I had at their wedding!). It's very eye-opening to look back at those pictures and see myself. I've almost forgot what it was like to be that person. I'm grateful for the change.
My nephew Charlie should be arriving any day now!!!! Mom is heading up to Chicago tomorrow for BABY WATCH 2005! The Lucas household is only totally consumed with the arrival of Charlie.
Steve hit his 35 pound WW goal this weekend---YAY FOR STEVE!!! He is only 16 pounds away from his goal! He is doing such a fantastic job and is inspiring people at his work to join the wagon--success is contagious! His reward for reaching this goal was a new watch. We went to the outlet malls with Randy and Kenji this weekend and Steve got a fancy pants new watch and some new basketball shoes. I got some much needed spring/summer clothes. Good times.
On Saturday night, we had Randy, Kenji, Saiko and baby Lynn over for a BBQ. A fun time was had by all. Dulcie met her first baby and she was curious--he just kept staring at Lynn. Kinda freaked the cat out. In other pet news, it looks like we'll be dogsitting Bowzer, Steve's parents' dog this fall and winter while they are in Florida (no pets allowed--well, in their condo, not in Florida). We're very excited about that! Bowzer is a great dog and it will be good dog training for us and good experience for the cat. Bowzer has ample cat experience, but Dulcie has no dog experience. I'm imaging her turning into Bucky from "Get Fuzzy!"
We visited the house on Saturday and there were bulldozers working away! They were backfilling dirt around the foundation and then putting dirt in the soon to be floor of the garage. We're hoping that in the next week or two, we'll have a frame up. We watched for like 20 minutes, mezmerized by the heavy machinery. In yet another attempt to kill myself, I tried to pick our "SOLD" sign, that was on the ground, getting destroyed. Of course, I was only about 10 feet away from one of the working bulldozers at this time. eeek! Steve was none too happy about that move.
Anyhoo, last night we watched "The Butterfly Effect." It was pretty entertaining, but a little freaky/scary. All those nosebleeds reminded me of my youth. I'm probably one of few children that was sent home because of a nosebleed in school. Such a claim to fame!
We also watched "Bridget Jones Diary 2" this weekend (have I mentioned how much we LOVE the library--free movie rentals!). Anyhoo, we thought it was pretty good. The skiing scene made us crack up. Her lightening speed trip down the mountain was very reminiscent to my ski experience. Steve nicknamed me "The Caucasian Bullett" because of my inability to stop. One small detail I didn't pick up during my lesson. ooops!
Steve will work late tonight and I'll post another boatload of stuff on Ebay. Good times.
Well, that's all the news that's fit to print.
More later!
Love,
Hannah
2 Comments:
Well, this is the consumed with Charlie's Birth Grandma. I have cleared everything on my calendar, and will head out at six Wed. morn for Birthwatch,2005. such nervewracking fun. So you will dogsit......I want to meet Bowser. I bet I will love him. Oh Dulcie,, honey, your nose is going to be shortened.....Bucky, she will be. Well, have a good day.
2:11 PM
Way to go!!!Bradsblog
2:52 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home