Around the World in 6 Days...
Well, our vacation to the Show Me State has come to an end. Here’s a full report:
Wednesday—Steve and I headed out early from work and started the long drive home. We landed in Clinton around 11 p.m. and hung out with his parents until 2 or 3 in the a.m. Bozwer (the second son (dog) of the Clampitts) had a panic attack he was so excited to see Steve.
Promotional Plug—We slept on the newly acquired “Memory Foam” mattress (less expensive version of the Tempurpedic) and I wanna get one! At first, I thought it was too hard, but then it feels just right. Plus, you can’t feel the other person in the bed roll over, so you can have an undisturbed night’s sleep. We give the Memory Foam two thumbs up.
Thursday—Spent the morning and afternoon chilling with Dee and Craig. We went to Wal-Mart where we got some stuff from the clearance aisle for the house, a clothing store and to a Mexican place for lunch. I ate my weight in chips and guacamole—good times.
Thursday afternoon we headed up to Kansas City to reunite with our West Side friends. We met up at 75th Street Brewery for drinks and dinner (well, no dinner for Steve—bad move with the massive consumption of rum and cokes, aka roman cokes). We spent the evening chatting, reminiscing and listening to Steve tell everyone at the table how much he loved them. Karrin let us crash at her pad. Thanks, Karrin!
Friday—We got up the next day, hung out with Karrin and her babies, Otter and Annabelle, then went our separate ways for lunch. I hung out with the Barstow crew (props to Penny, Marsha, Scottie D., Karrin and Carl) for lunch. It was great to be back with the old gang!! Steve and Mike went out for some grub.
That afternoon, we headed out to St.L. and saw Mom, Dad, Grandma (who has recovered at lightening speed from her heart attack—yay for grandma!), Leah, Doc and Gretchen. We spent some time chilling with the fam and then headed out for dinner with Lucy, Leah and Shalyn. We had a great time catching up with the girls. Shalyn and Steve bonded over their love of cookies, while Leah, Lucy and I feared for our safety as we walked through quasi-downtown St. Louis on a Friday night with Shalyn and Steve loudly expressing their undying love for snickerdoodles behind us. We hung out at Lucy’s, caught up with Caroline and had a great ole time.
Saturday—After a delicious breakfast prepared by Dad (who I can crown the biscuit and gravy king of the galaxy), Steve and I embarked on the great lunchbox endeavor. The mission---cram 200 lunchboxes and 200 thermoses in the bed of a midsize truck. Yeah, so Mom and I were just a wee bit insane in our old days buying lunchboxes. While we couldn’t fit all of the boxes in the truck, we were able to get a heaping load to cart back to CO for me to sell on ebay. We quickly showered, changed and headed to Janae’s wedding.
Janae and Kirk met at ArtMart many a moons ago and they were married on Saturday. It was a beautiful ceremony and great to see one of the Ya-Yas begin this phase of her life. Yay for Janae and Kirk! We had to leave early so we could hit the road but I hear that the rest of the girls shook their groove thangs that night on the dance floor!
We headed down to the Lake of the Ozarks after the wedding, with an emergency stop for White Castles—a restaurant that is regrettably (or should I say thankfully) not in Colorado. We got to the lake around 10:30, hung out with the Clampitts and then got some zzzzzs.
Sunday—We planned a day of relaxation this day since we would be embarking on a 12 hour journey home early Monday morning. We read, we relaxed, went out of Craig’s boat, swam, sunned ourselves and just all in all relaxed. A delicious BBQ feast was prepared (I think we can officially crown Craig as the pulled pork king of the galaxy). We went to Target and then watched TLC. A very fine day!
Monday—Woke up at 5 a.m. Drove 12 hours across the county. Pretty exciting stuff.
We have house updates and Steve is going to put pictures of our vacation on www.top5ive.com . Stay Tuned!!
Also---I would like to make a special shout out to Randy (http://huskerhysteria.blogspot.com) for taking fine care of Dulcie Cat. After a 6 day vacation, we came home to a vomit-free house. This is quite a feat. Thanks, Randy for taking care of the house and the cat. You ‘da man!
Well, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. I’m sure I’ve forgotten something though..
Love, Hannah
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home